WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH,YOU GET TOUGHER!

Another piece of wisdom from ms Joyce,my f6 lecturer.


"WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH,YOU GET TOUGHER WITH IT!"

I personally think it is so true considering my past week. First off,after my class on Monday,wanting to steal precious moments to release stress,went to watch Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 alone right after class. Lol. It was a great movie nonetheless! Plenty of action and tense moments. I have to say,John Travolta is a brilliant actor. Go watch it! I lost count though how many times the Ministry censored the word F**K..




This whole week i have been particularly occupied by the Sunway Toastmasters Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest . I kept on changing my speech! My final presented speech was made a day before the real contest!

Anyway,jeng jeng jeng! When i finally presented my humour speech on contest nite on Thursday July 30,i would say it was better than i expected. Got people to laugh out loud more than once. The bummer thing was i went overtime by 12 seconds! haih.. sad case,but great experience just to know i can make people laugh.. hehe..another milestone achieved.. A note-the audience was quite big,very encouraging to see and ACCA students were there too! woo hoo!

As for the Evaluation Contest,i managed to win 2nd runner up spot. Honestly,being the first speaker to give my evaluation before the other 4 ,i thought i didn't do too well. Unexpected but quite happy. Gives me motivation to keep on improving. For all you guys and gals out there who want to get involved in something inspirational,join Toastmasters! Believe me,it is life changing!

Happy news for me this week was celebrating my dear friend Sean's surprise birthday party! WOO HOO! He was too speechless to speak.. haha.. had lots of fun,food was great,fooled around towards the end,it was just fantastic that night! Happy turning 21,bro!

Now,trying to juggle all this with my studies is actually quite tough. Sacrifices have to be made ( i haven't seen my dear gf in a while) and push when others are still. The whole exam cycle of Progress Test 1, Progress Test 2, Mock Exam, Exam Driven Course, Final Acca Exam is about to begin soon. Hard? you bet. And all in the space of 4 months. sometimes,i really do wonder why some people join ACCA. All this for a measely 2 weeks holiday after that before the new semester starts again. You cant really do anything else besides studying.

But like Ms Joyce say,if you aim for the sky,even if you fall,you will land on the golden trees.. so just tell yourself ,take one thing at a time,and you will make it through,not just passing,but with flying colours! Go go go!
0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails